Yoga for your dosha
Watch us when we are on the mat teaches us a lot about ourselves. Tell me how to practice and I will tell you how you are. But do you know if you're really doing yoga properly for your Constitution? Type Loyal Zaira.
As there are different types of learning and, in the same way that not all diets are for everyone, nor is there a practical model that everyone should follow alike. Today's article like you the basic constitutional types of ayurveda and teaches you how to create harmony between your asana and your constitutional characteristics.
The authentic yogin is not only a person who practices physical postures and dedicated to meditate in caves or on the banks of the river. Originally, the yogin was a student of the mind-body - soul and therefore knowledge of the healing arts of ayurveda, the science of longevity. Yoga and ayurveda are disciplines sisters and they were never separated, Despite our best efforts West in making yoga a constant Synecdoche * practice that reduces to the realization of a series of physical postures excluding everything else. Even in the physical practice we should bear in mind the wisdom of ayurveda and cultivate a deep harmony with the needs set by the environment, mood or mental state and the level of energy in which we find ourselves at a given time.
The five elements (space, air, fire, water and Earth) are the materials of construction of everything in nature. Your mind is part of it and is made of these same natural elements. Sure that you is familiar to comment that the human being is water 70% more or less, but if I tell you that you are also fire or space and the elements found in you in proportions different from your best friend, for example, and that these constitutional differences do you gravites towards styles of yoga that emphasizes more the alignment work while loves to flow rapidly from one position to another, then we are beginning to tune.
When visits to an Ayurvedic doctor or Vaidya, This you examine to determine your mind-body Constitution and on the basis of that gives you some guidelines for your lifestyle or a regime of treatment for the illness or imbalance by which you went to see him. There are three basic principles called doshas that you control all bodily and mental functions. The doshas are combined in each person uniquely giving rise to its constitutional traits. It is very useful to know how are you because it gives you the key to live wisely. The three principles are present in all of us, but the dominance of one or the other creates three basic constitutions. You then describe some of their features:
- It is governed by the more subtle elements, space and air. It is the energy charge of the movement in our mind. Their qualities are: dry, light, cold, changing, rough or astringent.
- A person with dominance of Vata behaves as the space and the air. It tends to have a physical body that is lightweight and flexible, with little accumulation of fat and long limbs. It is common to hear them gnashing joints.
- They have less endurance and strength than other constitutions.
- Your skin is dry and thin, the veins with sharpness can be distinguished.
- They have feet and hands cold in winter.
- Move quickly and it is easy to see them going from one side to another to get to your next appointment. They like to run and they are always on the move. They start many physical activities, but find it hard to keep routines in the long run.
Vata gravitates towards a practice that will emphasize the flow and creativity in the sequence. Likes to flow without thinking about how to do so, move fast and have fun. Feel much attraction to novelty so They frequently change their practice, Professor or study.
Vata would benefit from establishing routines, go to class always around the same times and practice in a room warm in a draught-free location.
Vata needs to practice more slowly and paused to balance its tendency to excessive movement. More gentle styles, enraizadores and regenerators they are those who best balanced Vata.
Enraizadoras positions such as standing asanas, twist and soft investments as Viparita Karani they are very beneficial for Vata.
- The element that governs Pitta is fire, so Pitta is the principle of the metabolizing and transformation in our body-mind. Its features are: hot, sharp, light, acid, sour, liquid and expansive.
- A person with Pitta dominance appears to be fire.
- It is typically a body of average-build and although their muscle development is moderate, they are stronger than the Vata.
- His characteristic intensity makes them strive to the maximum and practice with vigor to relaxation.
- His body temperature is usually a little higher than the other constitutions and therefore often sweat profusely. They have hands and feet warm and sweaty.
Pitta is inclined to the more athletic, competitive yoga styles and which presents many challenges. She loves to conquer such or which position and does so with passion. Pitta do not exist the word "no" or "failure", and when he can, energy practice two or more times a day. In addition He is interested in the alignment as a tool to advance more.
Pitta would benefit from practicing hours a cooler day, especially during the summer! It should avoid the excesses, adopt a more relaxed attitude in relation to progress in your practice and try to make less. To balance the excess of fire in your mind you can drinking small sips of cool water along the class and placed in an area of the room that is ventilated.
Styles which will stimulate you intellectually, focused on progress rather than on the achievement of the goals and in the consciousness of the present moment are the most balanced Pitta.
Pitta would benefit much from trying to have fun rather than to 'do it well'. You must always remember to include calming postures as the supine and both extensions as soft bending of spine.
- Water and Earth combine to create Kapha, the beginning of the structure and cohesion in the body-mind. Its features are: wet, heavy, slow, cold, dense and soft.
- A person with a dominant Kapha behaves like water and Earth.
- Your body is the strongest of the three constitutions and, although those who have greater resistance, shy away from exercising and prefer to spend some time lying on the couch.
- It has well developed muscles, it is burly and heavy bones. Your joints tend to be large, cushioned and flexible.
- The large presence of water and land in your body leads them to gain weight easily, weight that takes them a lot to lose.
Kapha refuses to move. A leisurely, calm and very Earth practice likes. Passive stretching, hold the positions for minutes and the tendency toward self-indulgence are characteristic of the way you need to practice.
Kapha would benefit from practice with vigor every day. You should have your practice in the morning to counteract those hours of the day features the slowness and laziness. Kapha is balanced with the movement, lightness, and a positive attitude that reminds you that "Yes you can".
You need styles of yoga that emphasizes the fluid motion and overcoming. They are both very beneficial for Kapha the sun salutations and other flowing sequences, as column extensions, twist, and investments.
I encourage you to that the next time you desenrolles the mat follow basic recommendations for your Constitution. Your practice will be different to what can that you had in mind, but I assure you that it will feature higher doses of consciousness and peace. Celebrate it and enjoy!
* Synecdoche: rhetoric figure which we designate the part for the whole. Ex.: We say "earn their bread" instead of "win the food, that is, the fruit, vegetables, etc."
Loyal Zaira She is the author of a feast for the soul, Ed. Uranus 2014, and a second book to be published in June 2017. Yogini is considered from the cradle and started teaching yoga in 2000. It teaches public classes and training for teachers of yoga and meditation, programmes of training for teachers, as well as health and monographic workshops for women. He also worked as coach of health and well-being of the Ayurvedic lifestyle.
Linguist, is master's degree in education and is accredited in different styles of yoga, meditation and ayurveda.