Teaching children through the intelligences: mathematical logic
Logical-mathematical intelligence is part of the way we understand, understand, manipulate and use logic, numbers and reasoning to understand how something or detect an existing matrix pattern, or perhaps create some new. It is an integral part of what we call "conventional intelligence". By Koncha pines - Pey
Do you remember when were capable of have them fingers of your hands, when were capable of add what cost them goodies facing the kiosk of them Sunday? Perhaps was then when your mother said that's "already knows count" while smiling. But perhaps learned them concepts logical mathematical of way fearful-you gave fear the Professor of mathematics- and now have developed an aversion to the logical in your life.
A child that is strong in intelligence logical-mathematical needs that you provide some opportunities for learning to promote its strengths such as:
- Find the order in complex situations, sorting, sequencing, patterns, fit.
- Solve those problems through the understanding and the analysis logical, not only because Yes.
- Easily manipulate the numbers.
- Identify the law of cause and effect
The activities enjoyed by children with more logical-mathematical intelligences are:
- Solve mathematical puzzles or problems.
- Carry out projects of research, collection of data statistical and analyze them themselves.
- Measure, question and analyze found.
- Theories scientific and mathematical.
- Experience the law of cause and effect.
- Classify objects by means of diagrams: of plants, from trees, things that are in the fridge.
- Using abstract symbols and formulas.
- Any type of calculation.
How to help children with logical-mathematical intelligence to learn
- It is essential that they have the opportunity to solve them alone the problems, the establishment of some complex situations and each time a little more in order of need, and to teach them logical theories.
- Make them think through the reason, thinking logical, dialectic, refute, talk, argue.
- Ask questions to get to the root of the problem: syllogisms, Socratic debate.
- Trying to defend an idea that does not believe in, to find which is the logic hidden in it.
- Framing the teaching the law of cause and effect that is useful to show how cultures teach this law-.
- Illustrate the relationship existing between the different lessons that learn and to what les vale or les will be worth in the life in terms logical.
- Help them to break down the logical steps in life in order to establish a connection to. For example if want to be medical, then have that start by...
Toys and materials that activate or motivate the logical intelligence mathematics are:
- Puzzles, especially those that have that view with Discover figures hidden.
- Games of numbers as the Sudoku.
- Put in order and sequence your toys, your wardrobe, your books.
- Paint by numbers the images that appear in a table.
- Scientific experiments.
- Read philosophy, debate, or stories that have to do with other forms of reasoning.
Here are some examples of How to teach issues for children with intelligences logical-mathematical key:
Children with high logical-mathematical intelligences are very easy mathematics. But when the teaching of them mathematics is focuses in things that they easily can overcome, can get to bore is e even suspend, by that is fundamental focus is in them aspects of it logical, so can get to learn and understand, instead of teach them of memory. What such teach them philosophy and thinking from small?
Get that your child measure the temperature outside of the House behind, all the hours of the day, during a week. What can be deduced from the formula, to calculate the temperature inside and outside? Leaving you free to infer deductions.
To learn the periodic table of the elements, with numbers, looking for patterns, such as the atomic weight and atomic number.
Dale a set of flowers or stones and get that those classified according to a base of features certain.
Get that your son collect statistics on the economy of different countries and get that connect for example, the product inside gross, with the hope of life, the rate of literacy, number of hospitals. Leave you to reflect.
Do the exercise backwards, for example pick up a loaf of bread and reach inferred by interdependence where come all things that are therein, and how many people worked, how much spent... and find that fun mathematical logical chain. This exercise is fundamental to learn interdependence and ecology, for example.
The temperature of the planet makes a study on global warming and what could happen if each month increased a degree.
Create a timeline of historical events and calculates the average time between the significant development in every civilization and culture passed.
Analyzes the logical reasons that exist in every historical fact: for example 20th century may be a breakdown by periods of war, peace, art... and analyses the rationale is that these facts might.
Aficionar you to the sport and to be able to measure their results. For example, if I walk 20 minutes every day, I get benefits... That you will help to be able to take care of also your health.
Get that out to investigate in the field or the city. Establish numerical sequence or logic: many people from different countries have seen this morning, what age they had, to sex, country to think that was...
The only value of this intelligence has been linked to the classical mathematical processes, but its social and existential value is much deeper. Analyzing, understanding, thinking we can have one view more clear of those things: How pass, why go and how I feel when passing.
This intelligence is high also in meditators, philosophers and thinkers that classified, sorted and create maps conceptual of her mind, establishing parameters of change. It is clear we are not talking only of numbers but of abstract thinking.