Yoga Nidra and its benefits
Yoga Nidra, "yoga of dreams" or "psychic dream")Nidra (means dream in Sanskrit) is a powerful method systematic, result of the collection of ancient techniques and ritual Tantric, investigated in the Decade of them years 60 by the master Swami Satyananda Saraswati. Writes Tania Preuss.
Swami Satyananda Saraswati)http://www.satyananda.net/inspirers/swami-satyananda-saraswati) has been recognized internationally by its research scientific about the yoga and the health and inspired the first University of yoga of the world, Bihar Yoga Bharati of Munger (India).
Currently, research in the field of the neuroscience behind them effects psychophysical healers reached in States similar to the of the Yoga Nidraeven when investigate them under that name.
The technique of the Nidra is fascinating and complete, acting at all levels: psychophysical, physiological and vital and familiarizing its practitioner with no common or unknown mental states that can then use them for their personal benefit.
Is da in a space of silence and calm with the body lying comfortably and well sheltered, because the temperature body is usually lower. It is a physically passive practice, however one of its essential conditions is staying awake with the attitude of witness and the consciousness active.
Through instructions systematic, gradually is reaches the disconnection of the stimuli external perceived by them bodies sensory, achieving the "silence inside", in Sanskrit Antar mouna.
Sankhalpa, statement positive
That powerful State of the mind that is alternating between the vigil aware and the dream unconscious, without be subject to any of them, is known in the psychology modern as "State hypnotic".
Through spontaneous symbolic images or proposed displays occur mental processes of elimination of memories and "impressions of the subconscious" (in Sanskrit, samskaras).
Another feature of the Nidra, is the sankhalpa, a phrase positive with a very objective way, which intervenes in the unconscious according to our needs and intentions: change habits, enhance innate talents, eliminate addictions and phobias, stimulate learning, memorization, heal imbalances, etc. It is an ideal tool for the mental reprogramming and for the development staff.
The practice can be associated with a prior physical (Hatha Yoga) stretching work either be accompanied by harmonizing sounds (no Yoga), thus creating synergies that will enhance a lot and facilitate the entry and residence in that State of mind.
Their effects are cumulative and you can perceive several days after the practice. To the long takes place a personal transformation integral very deep and wide in its practitioners. It is an experience very pleasant, healing and useful.
Is very recommendable for who seeks to:
- Calm the mind, reduce stress and elevate the mood.
- Find solutions in times of conflict.
- Implement decisions and objectives.
- To stimulate the personal will and self-esteem.
- Evolve and find its way.
- Balance and adapt physiologically or emotional in times of transition: personal crisis, pregnancy, menopause, bereavement.
- Relieve pain in cases of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, insomnia, hypertension, etc.
Benefits inherent in the practice:
- Deep skeletal-muscle relaxation, elimination of blockages and physical ailments.
- Balance of the system nervous and increase of the production of endorphins, the hormones of the happiness, and on the other hand down them levels of immunosuppressive, noradrenaline and cortisol.
- Reduction of the rate of our brainwaves and harmonization of the two hemispheres.
- Healing of the stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, fibromyalgia, fatigue chronic, hypertension...
- An hour of practice is equivalent to four hours of sleep natural.
- Development and utilization of the mind not analytic for purposes of growth personal.
- Mental and proposed reprogramming of objectives.
- Increased capabilities of learning, memory, intuition and creativity.
- Our resources and our inner potential spontaneous manifestation.
- "Cleaning" the subconscious and memory constraints.
- Lucidity to confront situations conflicting.
- Deep meditative States.
- Expansion of altered States of mind.
- Comprehensive harmonization.
Tania Preuss the teacher formed by Cristina Mata in Hatha Yoga, teaches at various schools in Barcelona since 2002. Formed in the sound therapies by Jacomina Kistemaker, among others, he directed regular sessions of Yoga Nidra and sounds, sonoro-vibracionales meditation and meditative auditions, using the Tibetan bowls, drum, vocals, among other harmonic instruments.