Vegetarian recipes (tab 3 / vegetables)
Tasty and healthy for the body and mind, the vegetarian cooking can be simple but delicious. We will be offering recipes in subsequent chips. This time they touch the vegetables, and we offer of ratatouille with Eggplant pizza recipe.
Ratatouille (for 4-6 people)
When you hurry, you can skip all the vegetables together, but the dish will be more tasty if you tuestas the Eggplant and Zucchini before cooking so that they dismiss its characteristic flavor. The carrot grated will counteract the acidity of the tomatoes. The ratatouille can be served over pasta or rice, sprinkled with cheese, if desired. A green salad completes the meal.
1 eggplant, cut into large chunks
2-3 courgettes cut into large chunks
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
2 stalks of celery, finely cut
1 red pepper, seeded, cut into julienne strips
3 big and juicy tomatoes chopped
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried oregano or Basil
- Preheat oven to 200 C. place Eggplant and zucchini in a source wiped olive oil baking. Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté the celery over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the pepper and cook until tender. Add carrots, tomatoes and herbs and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture to the baked vegetables. Rectify the seasoning before serving.
Eggplant pizza (for 4-6 people)
Serve them straight out of the oven for a snack or accompanied by a salad and a bowl of cereal for the lunch.
1 large Eggplant
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
4 teaspoons dried oregano
4 teaspoons dried Basil
salt to taste
150 ml of olive oil
2 or 3 large tomatoes, sliced
100 g of cheese vegetarian Cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Cut the Eggplant into slices 1 cm. mix the sesame seeds, dried herbs and salt. Brush the slices of Eggplant with oil and coat them with the mixture of sesame seeds.
- Place eggplant in a source of greased baking, place a slice of tomato on top of each and sprinkle grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
For a vegetarian alternative, substitute cheese 200 g of tofu. Cut into slices and marinate in a mixture of 3 tablespoons of tamari, 3 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon of grated ginger before sprinkle on pizzas.
Before or after baking to add olives, chopped.